Saturday, September 11, 2010

Colorado Adventuring

Ok people.  I have been in Colorado for about two weeks now.  It has been awesome! I spend my days with my mom and grandmother making peach jam, spiced peaches, canning peaches, making peach syrup, peach chutney for meat (I am not kidding this is legit what I have been doing).  We have two peach trees in our backyard and well my mom and grandmother are crazy so we have made 25 jars of peach jam, 5 jars of peach syrup, 5 jars of chutney, 12 jars of just canned peaches in simple syrup, and 6 jars of spiced peaches.  How random is that???

I have also gone on two quasi-date things with the same guy, we kissed today, not good - it was like kissing my cousin or something, no sparks at all... Well he is cool, I hope he will be ok with just being friends, how do you tell someone that your just not into it? I hate this... this is why I don't date.

I have also been going riding.  Like on horses.  Thats been pretty cool, I am getting better at it, which is good because I love to ride.  My mom has been giving me some lessons.  I galloped the other day... slightly terrifying when you are unsure of how to stop.

I also got into a minor car accident last weekend.  I was with my bro and some friends down in Boulder, we decided to buy some Salvia (HOLY SHIT! story will come later).  So we picked some up, everyone was wasted except for me so naturally I was the driver.  Anyway, I pull out of a parking spot, legit look both ways but somehow don't see a massive blue SUV coming down the hill... Am I blind? I catch it before its bad, slam on my breaks and the kid grazes along my license plate I actually bumped him going like 2 mph... a nothing right? well the kid (who was deaf btw, did not know that deaf people were allowed to drive - good to know that in some circumstances a horn may not make another driver aware of the fact that you are already in the spot they are encroaching on) was pretty cool about it, we decided no cops, he is fine, I am fine, its all legit, trade info, a little over cautious about the whole thing but whatever.  His car has scratches, mine is fine except where my license plate once was, we call it a day.  He gets some quotes, $2,000 fucking dollars... for scratches! yeah... so I call my insurance company give them a heads up and his info, text him and tell him its all taken care of, my insurance co will contact him and he is good to go.  He says "Ok, I am calling the cops" WHAT?!?!?! decided to file a report just cause.  I asked my insurance company if they required a police report, they said no, and I told him that!  sooooo.... why call the cops? don't know... So a cop calls me while I am out on that first date with the dude that I am not super into, I ignore the call, no problem call them later.  Cop leaves obnoxiously cop like message so I call him back, leave a VM, still have heard nothing... I do not know what is going on.  But moral of the story, do not hit deaf kids driving big blue SUVs... They seem cool at first but later turn on you.

ok salvia... WOW blew my mind... First time that night could not stop laughing cause the color red was EVERYWHERE... second time, nothing, I didn't hit it right or something... third time... oooohhhhh man... I was in another world! I was chillin on the couch, totally normal, it hasn't hit yet, so my friend decides to be funny and starts flickering the lights I immediately freak out because I am afraid that I will freak out so I hide under this massive white blanket.  Then it hits me... I am GONE! I remember some of it, but apparently I kept saying "Shhhhh... don't laugh, they are in here with me... shhhh... look! ooooo! They are in here oh my god! shhhh..." for like 2 minutes... when I came out from under the blanket and resurfaced into the normal world my brother goes "Brit, what was happening???" I start dieing laughing and say "The Rockies duhhhh!" I was climbing the Rocky mountains underneath a blanket and it all made so much sense... oh boy...

So Miah and I came back from our Boulder adventure, exhausted, missing the front license plate from my car, and in a a severe salvia hangover, only to discover that we had a shit ton of peach picking and canning and jamming to do... oh man.  So that has been CO in a nutshell...

OH WAIT! Crazy story!
So I decide to go out the other night, Labor day night, so Monday, to meet up with this kid at Buffalo Wild Wings near my house, he is 30 min late, I am 5 min early so I start drinking alone.  Meet these two awesome dudes at the bar -  not kidding their names were Johnnie Walker and Josh Jameson - I made them show me their I.D.s it was legit.  They had just met at the bar 30 min before I came in so we all bonded in the whole strangers thing.  Then Jaimie (the guy I was meeting up with) comes in, we all order shots and booze and the night is starting off glorious.  We all mesh really well, have a blast don't want the night to end at 1.  So Johnnie calls up his friend to see if the pool hall where she works is open... nada, by this point its 1:30... so I suggest we go to a titty-bar! They stay open later! So I pull out a 20 in cash, exchange it for ones at a gas station and we call the titty-bar... they close in ten minutes... FUCK.... So Johnnie says, hey! I have a hot tub and a fire pit in my apt complex, no booze, but its something to do! So we all agree, walk over to his complex, hop the fence and get into the hot tub..... so fun! we are in there for like an hour, Josh passes out in the hot tub, refuses to get out, very funny.  We head over to the fire pit I attempt to wring out my bra, does no good, we turn on the fire, Johnnie has some blankets and we all wrap up... except Jaimie... this kid lol decides he wants to dry out his boxers.  So he just gets naked.  In the middle of the complex, I have pictures! oh man, by the time his shorts are dry its 4 am, I decide to head home... what a glorious night, 4 strangers coming together on Labor day night, end up in a hot tub at 3 am and a fire by 4 am... You can't make this fairy tale kind of stuff up

And that is CO in a nutshell... at least so far. More stories will come, I still have a shit ton of Salvia... love that its legal!

No comments:

Post a Comment