Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time really does seem to fly

Well guys, its been over a month now that I have essentially been living with Mike... and when I say essentially, I mean I probably spend a night or two at my house every other week. Its crazy how fast time goes by. I dunno... it is entering that comfortable phase where we really start to see each other warts and all. Mike can be grumpy as hell haha I mean like almost scary grumpy but for some reason it really doesn't bother me, at least not yet. But I am thinking that maybe we should slow down a little bit. How can you appreciate something if you don't miss it? So I am taking some time to spend at home tonight and for the next few days, because I want to appreciate this stage. The newness part, the part where we can't wait to see each other, where you still get butterflies when you make out with someone. Think its a good idea? I do anyway and I suppose thats all that matters. I think its an important part of any relationship. As much as we all hate the game and the drama they clearly exist for a reason, maybe its a part of human nature. I dunno, I just know that I want to miss Mike, not take his presence for granted. I don't ever want to not appreciate him, and I think that it is getting to that point for us, well it has been a month of spending 24/7 together. I suppose its only natural that the whole comfort thing would creep in. I have found myself sitting around in his apartment in my sweats and a wife-beater not bothering to put on make-up or do my hair or take a shower... not good my friends. So its time to keep the sexiness alive. I actually put on make-up yesterday and got dressed and took a shower and Mike looked at me and said "you look really nice today." oops... I have learned my lesson, a grunge day is kosher every once in a while but not everyday.

Well enough about Mike, for now anyway.

I started my new job today! Canvassing for the incumbent Congresswoman Betsy Markey. It's pretty cool actually. I mean my feet have blisters that you would not believe (wearing my crocs from now on!) but the whole thing was interesting and fun for the most part. The training was pretty funny actually, everything they handed out to us about Betsy was pretty propagandist both pro Betsy and anti-Cory Gardiner (her Republican challenger) so that was amusing to see of course. Thankfully I actually did my research and I was able to spot the propaganda fluff inside the truth, why don't people just tell it like it is? I dunno for me personally I move in the exact opposite direction as soon as I feel like I am being indoctrinated in some way so propagandist stuff works just the opposite on me. Thankfully I pretty much agree with Betsy's policies. She is fiscally responsible which appeals to me in this ridiculous deficit, she voted to reduce her own congressional salary which I also like, she is super pro-agriculture and small business (she was a small business owner for 25 years before she got into politics - another thing I like - no more career politicians - ughhhh), she is pro gay rights which obviously is key for me. I think the only thing I don't like is how anti-bailout she is. I mean I don't like it any more than the next guy but I do think that they were necessary, and honestly a lot of that money has already been paid back - not all obviously but a lot. Oh and she voted for the Health care bill in a move that was, well, gutsy. A lot of the people out here are pretty anti-health care bill and she had a voice and an opinion. I am down with that.

I don't know everything about her, or really all that much anyway, but whatever. I am getting paid to walk around and talk to people about politics. $10 an hour! hell yeah! That rocks out my CV and I am making money doing something that I love to do. Why the hell not? I am working m-f 4-8 pm and sat 10-2... Oooooo and I met a new friend!! or at least I hope he will be!!! His name is Jacob, he graduated from UNC in music, he is gay and fab and I love him!

Last night I cried for the first time since I moved out here. I have been feeling a little homesick for all my friends and for the rest of my family and for all the memories. I dunno. I miss so much. I didn't really realize until last night just how much I missed it all. How much I missed all of you guys. :(

Well for now I must go to bed. "Swamp People" (ummm best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) has sucked me in once again and it is time for sleeping. Pounding the pavement, missing Mike like crazy tonight, and watching Swamp People... what an interesting day hahaha

Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment