Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wow its been awhile

Ok so... I think the last time I posted was a few weeks ago. Crazy how quickly this all seems to go. I am still living with Mike. We have settled into more of a routine and I am learning more of his quirks. Odd that I still love him. hehe. For instance if he drinks scotch while he is making dinner, its a sure sign that after dinner is over he will fall asleep on my lap watching tv. But if its beer he will probably be working on his computer all night. Bourbon makes him playful (I like bourbon ;) ), and gin makes him quiet and thoughtful, Wine though is my absolute favorite, he gets so romantic and sweet when he is drinking wine...

lol I just re-read that and it made him sound like an alchy which is not the case. Thankfully

Another thing that I have learned. Do not talk to him in the morning. Unless he talks first. I have never met a more grumpy morning person in my life. I mean I thought I was bad (or at least I used to be more than I am now) but man o man... this guy makes Walter Matthau look like a shining beacon of light! So the mornings are silent for the most part, unless he wakes up in a good mood (which is rare).

He cooks, I clean. Thats the way it goes. For some reason he loves to cook, and he is super good at it. Last night he made homemade from scratch chicken pot pie with a side of green beans, salad, and a piece of buttered bread (not like reg sandwich bread but legit good crusty bread). And the night before that he made homemade from scratch beef stew with tons of fresh veggies. Am I the luckiest girl or what? So he cooks, and I clean. It works out well for us I think. He does take out the garbage though, there are just somethings that will never change.



I have been looking for a job like you would not believe. I was doing political canvassing for Betsy Markey but then I got very sick and had to go to the ER and I was in so much pain that I couldn't even walk (unless I was on percocet which is not conducive to walking either) for about a week and I lost my job! I didn't really get fired, just got more of an email that was like "Hey I hired a bunch of new people so unless you are 100% better don't worry about coming back" I hated the job anyway... or at least I started to there at the end. Everyone was so rude! So now I am looking again. Back in the beginning of October I applied to be a freelance research assistant and I never heard back from them. Or so I thought. I just looked in my spam folder and there was a reply, they wanted to hire me. WTF. So I emailed them back and I am hoping that this job is still open. - Starbucks wont even hire me because I have a tattoo on my wrist... um starbucks you need to update your policies thanks... fuck 'em.



Went out shopping with my mom and gma the other day for my bridesmaids dress. Tried on a pair of spanx... HOLY SHIT I am in love with them! Never going out without them!


what else..... hmmmmmm......


getting very excited for my mom's wedding!!! Mostly I am just super stoked to be with Miah and Kierstan again!!! and Brandon will be there too! Mom keeps saying that she can't believe Nick wont be able to come. She said it feels unnatural that one of her children wont be there and that she is sure she will cry. We love Nick.


I have been somewhat well, not homesick per say, more like people sick. I miss so many of my friends, its weird isn't it? the people that you are sure you will miss and you don't and the people that have managed to worm their way into your heart and you find yourself somewhat surprised that you miss them. I dunno. I always find it funny that way.


Guys I am having serious issues... well more like I am being dramatic and I have the luxury of falling into an existential crisis. What am I going to do with my life??? thats the question of the day. Please feel free to provide me with an answer. One friend already told me to have a baby. I think I will wait on that thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Just got an email back from the Freelance Research Assistant job... Position still available! They want me to work for them! Booo-YA! May have just gotten a job! gotta check out the details but so far so good! fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete